29 enero, 2020
How to Stage a Flat to Sell it Faster
How to Stage a Flat to Sell it Faster
Selling a home is not always easy. There are a lot of similar places around, the price may be a bit too high, etc. That’s why you need to do everything to make your flat as good-looking as possible. Why, you ask? Well, even though you love your place and think it looks great, you need to ask yourself if it’s really that attractive for the potential buyers. If a sale is taking a bit too long, you need to know how to stage a flat to get better results. Luckily, there are some easy tips and tricks on how to stage a flat to sell it faster and make a perfect home for anyone that comes to see it.
Here’s the best way to master the home staging and help your potential buyers imagine themselves living there as soon as they walk in.
1. Prioritize when you stage a flat to sell it faster
When it comes to home staging, not every room values the same. What we mean by that, is that it’s not necessary to stage every nook in your flat. Only those rooms that are the most important for the buyers are needed. These are usually those we spend most of our time in – kitchen, bedroom and living room. These spaces are the most important ones for buyers and they need to leave a good impression. Everything else is less important, so you shouldn’t waste time, money and energy to make everything perfect.
2. Make the rooms clean and spacious
The biggest mistake when selling a flat is not letting the potential buyers see the true beauty of the place from all the clutter and mess. Most importantly, make sure your place is clean when buyers come to see it. If you don’t have time to do the detailed cleaning – feel free to hire a professional cleaning service, which will surely make a difference. Also, don’t forget the odors – make sure you remove any smoking, pets and food odors before the buyers start coming.
Next, declutter your flat. All the unnecessary items lying all around the home create an impression of a smaller, messier and dirtier home. So, to attract your buyers, make sure you remove everything you don’t need – broken things, outgrown clothes and toys, old magazines and newspapers, etc. This way, you will make the flat bigger, with greater storage potential and you can significantly reduce the moving costs once you decide to relocate.
3. Depersonalize the flat you’re about to sell
One of the most important ways to stage a flat to sell it faster is to remove all the personal items that show the flat belongs to a family. Buyers like to imagine what it would be like to live in a flat they’re looking at, without the feeling of roaming through a stranger’s home. Make sure you depersonalize the flat as much as you can, by doing some of these things:
- remove the photos of you and your family pack all the toys laying around the flat
- remove all the framed certificates, trophies, awards, etc.
- clean your bathroom from all the everyday items you use – shower gels, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. Basically, remove everything from the bathroom and clean it thoroughly.
- pack any collections you might have if you put up any drawings, magnets from your travels or photos on the fridge, be sure to remove them, too.
Depersonalization of your home is a great way to stage a flat to sell it faster, but also a step in packing for relocation. However, even though you have to remove some items, don’t cross the line and make your flat lose its charm and become just an empty space.
Also, removing all the personal items from your home can be emotionally challenging. That’s why you should prepare for this and also make the relocation as easy as possible. Remember, making a new home and creating new memories will be a whole new chapter that’s equally exciting. After you move and start over anywhere in the world without any problems, you can definitely make a home out of a new space again in no time. A smooth and safe relocation is the first step to the new life chapter.
4. Take care of the floors
Yes, flooring is important and takes a lot of space in your home. Therefore, making them look good is a very important step when you want to stage a flat to sell it faster. Firstly, you should clean the floors thoroughly and remove any stains. Also, polishing them is a great idea to make them shiny and good-looking without changing them completely.
5. Remove any specific décor styles
Even though some décor moments can give a nice vibe and make your flat eye-catching, making it as neutral as possible is the best idea. You should remember that everyone has a different taste in interior design, and some specific styles may be a turn-off. That’s why you should make your flat as neutral as possible, so the potential buyers can imagine their own styles, colors and décor pieces. Here’s what you can do:
- remove any wallpapers and paint the walls neutral – whites, grays, taupes are the best options. The new wall color will make the space bigger and cleaner, which is a great advantage when you want to stage a flat to sell it faster.
- choose the art wisely – make sure the art you’re hanging is appropriate and tasteful and is liked by everyone.
- update your furniture. The furniture in your rooms should be the right size and its color should be neutral. If you have some pieces of bold colors, maybe you should update them a bit to look more neutral.
6. Don’t forget the final touch
You want your buyer to feel good at your home, and that’s why a final touch is important to create a friendly and inviting atmosphere. This will help buyers fall in love with your property even more. To stage a flat to sell it faster, add some fresh flowers, clean towels, a new soap bar, a nice scent in the air. Make sure your buyer feels good in your flat and wants to make it his home.