What is it?
Since the birth of the Golden Visa in 2013, non-EU citizens have been able to live in Spain giving them European citizenship. If you and your family want to live or work in Spain and you’re from outside of EU, the Golden Visa is needed. This also allows the holders to move freely within Schengen area. In order to be granted the Golden Visa you must first meet one of the following conditions:
- The purchase of a property or properties of a value greater than 500,000€
- The acquisition of shares in Spanish companies of an amount greater than 1,000,000€
- The purchase of Spanish Government bonds of an amount greater than 2,000,000€
- The creation of business projects of general interest
- Depositing at least €1,000,000 in Spanish bank accounts
The first investment must be mortgage-free, therefore you must have the required amount in cash.
You must also adhere to the following criterias:
- Not be living illegally in Spain
- Be over 18 years old
- Not have a criminal record in Spain or in countries where you have resided during the previous five years
- Your entry must not have been refused in any of the Schengen countries
- Possess Private or Public Healthcare Insurance contracted with an insurer authorised to operate in Spain
- You have financial means to support yourself while in Spain
At first, you obtain the Golden Visa for for two-year-period. It is renewable every two-years even though you wouldn’t have been visited a single time in the country. Citizenship can be obtained after 10 years.
Can I bring my family with me?
Yes. A family member can apply for a resident visa to accompany the main applicant, this includes the spouse, children under the age of 18, over the age of 18 if they are economically dependent, children who are unable to care for themselves due to their health status, and parents of the applicant (in some cases).
The following documents are required:
- A form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent colour photographs, width 26-35mm and length 32-45mm, with white background.
- Passport of the applicant (including photocopies of all pages) which must be valid for at least 1 year
- A health insurance for Spain
- Legalized Certificate of No Criminal Conviction from every country that the applicant has lived in the last 5 years.
- Legalized Certificate of No Criminal Conviction from Spain.
- The document (marriage certificate or birth certificate) which proves the family relationship.
*The certificate must be legalized and translated into Spanish.
Can Casamona help me to obtain Golden Visa and find the best apartment?
Yes we can. We offer the Golden Investment Package which includes our legal and real estate services for finding a property in Barcelona with any agency, not just Casamona. Legal services are provided by our Catalan lawyer and partner from a big law company in Catalunya. We take only 3 % of the sale price for payment. This package is unique and you can’t find it anywhere else.
Read more about it on our BLOG!
For more information, please contact us.
Passeig Joan De Borbo, 28, Principal Barceloneta, 08003, Barcelona
+34 933 041 532