Why invest in Colombia?
We encourage you to invest in Colombia as we believe that it is a country with a bright future and lately the economic numbers can confirm that.
- Colombia can give you now one of the highest Return-on-Investment in the Real Estate area in the world at this time.
- Colombia is in the top 20 destinations for Foreign Direct Investment according to the UNCTAD.
- Colombia is part of the Pacific Alliance, a regional integration trading bloc that has Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru as its members. All of them account for over 37% of the Latin America’s GDP and 47% of the Foreign Direct Investment of the region.
- With the Pacific Alliance investors will have access to a population of 214 millions of people and FTA’s with 60 countries.
- Colombia has a rapidly expanding middle class increasing from 6.7 million in 2002 to 11.6 million in 2012 and forecasted to be 19 million people in 2020.
- Colombia is the leader in terms of Investor Protection in Latin America and 10th worldwide.
- It is the third most business-friendly and the leading reforming country in Latin America according to Doing Business 2013 of the World Bank.
Medellin – The city in which to invest
Medellin is the second biggest city in Colombia and the place to invest right now.
If once it was considered a dangerous city, right now it is one of the safest cities and it’s getting better year by year. It is developing very fast and the tourism in the area is growing at a stunning speed. Lots of foreigners from USA and Europe are moving right now to this beautiful city and already started investing in the real estate market.
For many years the preferred destination for foreigners has been El Poblado. But now many investors and renters are looking for neighborhoods that offer better values and a more local living experience yet with all the comforts of a stratus six neighborhood like El Poblado.
Thus the migration south from El Poblado through Envigado and now Sabaneta,
the southernmost barrio of Medellin, where the Metro begins and opportunities abound.
Sabaneta is blessed with many excellent restaurants and a thriving nightlife. Its Parque Sabaneta is considered by many to be the best Parks in all of Medellin to hang out and enjoy an authentic Colombian life style experience.
But Sabaneta is undergoing a major development boom which can be easily seen by its many new high rises particularly in the eastern and southern parts of Sabaneta.
‣ Modern and new buildings are springing up yet not enough to dampen the quality of life and local lifestyle.
‣ In northern Sabaneta, the Mayorca Mall has just doubled its size making it the newest and largest mall in Medellin.
‣ Investors can enjoy all of these great benefits while realizing lower real estate prices and operating costs of about 25-30% less than El Poblado.
‣ Getting in early in a Path of Progress like Sabaneta means realizing superior investment returns over time as gentrification matures and prices climb upward.
‣ It happened in El Poblado and Envigado and now it is happening in Sabaneta.
Casamona in Medellin
Casamona International Real Estate offers you a whole buying package process and we can help you with any issues that you might encounter.
- We can locate the apartment that you desire at the best price on the market.
- We will be always close to our customers during the whole buying process and make sure that it will go in a smooth and easy way for both parties.
- We can offer you as well a 100% renovation & furnishing of the apartment in case it is needed and make sure that our designer’s job will make a pleasant surprise to you.
- We will manage all the Construction Management process during the renovation, but you will have the possibility to select all the finishing materials.
- We will coordinate the setup of all utilities at the unit on your behalf.
- On completion of the project, you will have a 100% turnkey apartment ready for a cash flow income.
- On completion of the renovation and furnishing you will receive a Free Premium Photo Package to be used for marketing and rental purposes.
- The new Valorization Tax will be covered as part of this investment.
Rental Income and ROI Projections
|Furnished Rental Rates (daily)||$62|
|Apartment Investment Amount||$95,000|
|Furnishing and Appliances||Included in package|
|Total investment(As Furnished Rental)||$95,000|
|Annual Rental Income||$22,320|
|Annual Rental Income (with 65% occupancy)||$14,508|
|Expenses (Manage fees,utilities, prop tax, cleaning, maintenance)||35%|
|Net Annual Income||$9,430|
|Estimated Annual R.O.I||9.7%|