06 Jan Volunteering Opportunities in Barcelona with Homeless People
Volunteering Opportunities in Barcelona:
- Share some time with the users that come to the Day Centre and lend a hand in the wardrobe, shower, first-aid and locker services.
- Visit homeless people known by Arrels who now live in a residence or are in hospital.
- Help in the daily routine of people who live in flats of the entity or in the Pere Barnés Residence.
- Collaborate with the pre-labour workshop.
- Lend a hand in the maintenance of Arrels’ flats and facilities..
- Collaborate with Arrels’ website, translating or helping to organise the library..
Moreover you can donate money to the foundation.
Take a look here for more information: https://www.arrelsfundacio.org/en/get-involved/volunteering/introduction/
Esperança is a facebook group of like-minded individuals who want to make a change. The project organises people to volunteer in neighbourhoods of Barcelona in various ways, for example, handing out food and clothes. They go every Saturday and Sunday evening on two central routes around Barcelona. If you are interested, sign up here https://goo.gl/5L1GbS to dedicate your time to this cause.
This company states that they are the “community that cares about stimulating the minds of homeless people so they can play an active role in making the world a better place.” In other words, the company believes that by giving homeless people professional support in addition to a place to stay for a year and a half, you are creating the chance for people to get back on their feet.
One can volunteer by offering up professional support in any expertise. Alternatively, you can donate money that would go towards providing homes for the homeless.
More Volunteering Opportunities in Barcelona
If you can’t commit to a certain time every week but you still want to help the homeless population, think about organising your own group of volunteers and help out in anyway you can: a simple chat with someone living on the street might show you how you can help.
Finally, for more on what to do in Barcelona, check out our blog.