31 August, 2022
Let Us Take Care Of Your Property, Get A Property Management Service Contract!
Do you own a house or an apartment in Barcelona and worry about the safety of your property when outside the city? Well, there is no need to worry, Casamona International is here to help. Thanks to our property management service, your home will be taken care of.
What Exactly Is Property Management?
Property managers are often in charge of day-to-day maintenance, security, and upkeep of buildings. They are usually employed by the owners of investment assets such as apartments, private home communities, condominium complexes, commercial centers, and commercial areas.
For almost two decades, the Casamona property management team has provided property management services in Barcelona and the neighboring areas. Working with the Casamona property management team ensures the best service in terms of quality and reliability.
What is a Management Contract?
A Management Contract is an agreement between a property owner and a property management team. The contract outlines all services the company will provide and the terms of the agreement. It is a legal guarantee that your apartment will be cared for.
The services provided are the following:
- Managing any cleaning services and renovation projects.
- Renting the property.
- Managing check-in/check-out of tenants.
- Checking the Mailbox.
- Saving the property from Okupas (squatters).
- Taking care of the property in your absence.
- Receiving parcels on your behalf.
- The terms of Property Management.
Spain offers many fantastic opportunities in terms of financial and personal investment. It not only has a thriving real estate market but is also a good place for retirees and those looking to relax.
A property management service contract can be useful for three main aspects: rental services, home maintenance, and tax collection. Independent agencies or full-service agencies can offer these three services. The latter will collect the rent on a certain day each month and deposit or wire the money to the account our investors specify. The former has solid relationships with the landlord and the tenant.
Why sign up for Property Management Contract?
Signing up for a property management contract with a professional company brings you many benefits:
- Increased ROI (Return on Investment) – When you hire a professional property management team, they will take care of all the day-to-day tasks related to managing your property as well as renting it out for you. It is an efficient way to save time to focus on other important tasks and increase your ROI at the same time.
- Hassle-Free Management – A professional company will handle all the paperwork and red tape for you and also take care of any maintenance issues that may arise. You, as the owner, won’t have to deal with any of those concerns.
- Peace of Mind – Knowing that your property is in good hands can give you peace of mind and allow you to relax and enjoy your time away from home.
Spain a Good Option For Vacation Rentals
Spain has a great variety of vacation rental options for all travelers. From apartments and villas to castles and country homes, there is something for everyone. Spain is also a great choice for all-inclusive resorts, from and activities to beaches and pools. Of course, the weather is perfect for vacationing all year round! Due to its many landscapes and architecture, Spain is a top tourist destination for a reason!
In the past decade, people have started looking for ways to get a resident permit in Spain because of the mesmerizing vacationing spots. However, instead of staying in hotels, many tourists buy vacationing properties in Spain (Barcelona in particular) so that they can use them when they come to Spain and rent them out for the rest of the year.
Challenges in Managing a Property in Spain for Non-residents
As a non-resident, there are a few challenges you may face when it comes to property management in Spain. Some of the most common challenges are:
- Finding a reputable and reliable property management team: With so many companies to choose from, make sure to search and ask for recommendations from friends or family who have benefited from this service.
- Checking the mailbox: If you have a post office box, you will need to make arrangements with the post office to have someone pick up your mail for you. If you don’t, you may need to give your property management team permission to open and hold your mail.
- Renovations: If you plan on renovating your property, you may need to hire a Spanish contractor. Being abroad makes it harder to find a trustworthy contractor to work with. Make sure you get multiple bids and check references before hiring anyone. Having a contract outlining the scope of work and payment terms is also a good idea.
- Maintenance Emergencies: If you are not in Spain at the time of the emergency, such as a broken pipe or a power outage, you will need to have someone you trust to take care of the situation for you. Make sure to give your property management team or trusted individual your contact information so they can reach you in an emergency.
- Okupa Issues: An Okupa is a squatter in Spain. They take over abandoned or unoccupied properties and live there without paying rent. It can be a big problem for property owners, as it is difficult and expensive to remove an Okupa from your property. If you think an Okupa is living on your property, you need to contact the police. However, if you are not in Spain you can face some challenges dealing with this situation.
The most popular solution to overcome all these challenges is to sign a property management contract. Casamona is an extremely reputable company offering property management services to Spanish Golden Visa holders. The company’s property management team is trusted by many non-EU residents to take care of Okupa removal services, the management of keys, property rental, managing check-in/check-out of tenants, mailbox checking, managing utility resources such as electricity/gas/water, arranging repairs and renovation projects as well as assisting in emergencies.
A Good Long-Term Investment
Barcelona has a track record that investors may look at, with both property values and rental prices rising since 2014. Barcelona’s estate market is currently among Spain’s most booming.
Schedule your free consultation with our experienced property management experts TODAY.